- 1.4 hectares of forest mapped with a Clearpath Husky and a Velodyne HDL-32E
- 943 trees were manually segmented in point clouds, and their diameter and species was identified on the field.
- Biggest dataset for 3D forest mapping and tree diameter measurements
- We tested various diameter estimation methods
- Part of the Automated Forestry and Logging Operations project
- Our preprint is available here
- Tremblay, J.-F., Béland, M., Pomerleau, F., Gagnon, R., & Giguère, P. (2019). Automatic 3D Mapping for Tree Diameter Measurements in Inventory Operations. In Proceedings of the Conference on Field and Service Robotics (FSR). Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics. Bibtex source